Benefits of Goji Berries Have you been questioning the wellness advantages of goji berries and also goji juice? Some insurance claims that the goji berry is a fountain of youth. Yet does it actually live up to those cases? And do dry out goji…
The Dangers of Vitamin Supplements
The dangers of vitamin supplements
Claiming that certain supplements can heal everything and keep you healthy and sensible, have boosted the vitamin business to billions of dollars a year. Most people now want to stay young and avoid illnesses and have bought the idea of supplements to improve their health.
Health food stores in America are full of shelves loaded with goods that promise wonders for your health. But there are certain dangers associated with secretly taking vitamin supplements. Some danger arises if you use other medications on which the supplements may have a negative reaction.
Some people think that \ course is safe, but that is not always true. Some supplements that may endanger your health are:
• Weight loss supplements containing \ theophylline. Theophylline is taken from an extract of black tea and bitter orange. It is sometimes prescribed for asthma but can cause epileptic seizures and irregular heartbeat.
• Aristolochia. A herbal supplement that sometimes causes cancer or kidney failure.
• Bitter orange. A weight loss supplement that can cause epileptic seizures.
• Kava. Maybe the cause of liver failure.
• Pennyroyal. An herb that is linked to nerve damage and liver and kidney failure.
• Comfrey root. An herb that sometimes causes liver damage.
• Lobelia. An herb that can cause tremors, dizziness, breathing problems and low blood pressure.
• Androstenedione. Can increase cancer risk and lower good HDL cholesterol.
Despite possible side effects, there are many cases where supplements are effective. For example, if you are a vegetarian, an elderly person or a woman with menopause or post-menopause, you may not get all the vitamins you need.
People with a serious diet, smokers, heavy drinkers, and pregnant women may also need extra vitamins to supplement their diet because many vitamins are difficult to absorb.
It is always best to consult a healthcare professional if you suspect that your body needs nutritional supplements. Also, check with the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) to see if there is currently a ban on a certain supplement.